A Journey of Faith and Reflection
As many of you know, I am a mother of six, with my youngest being just six months old. It has been quite some time since I re-entered the workforce. While I have remained active through volunteer work in my mentorship program, nothing could truly prepare me for the transition back into a professional environment. I anticipated working alongside individuals who hold diverse beliefs, both faith-based and secular. However, I found myself facing unexpected challenges, particularly with a coworker who professes to be a believer.
This individual exhibits a level of arrogance and self-importance that is disheartening. It’s unfortunate to witness someone who identifies as a Christian embody traits that are contrary to the values we strive to uphold. This experience has forced me to confront my own insecurities—not about the job itself, but about my identity and contributions. Working alongside many younger colleagues, I have come to realize how much I have let aspects of my life slip away. Each time I look in the mirror, I struggle with feelings of dissatisfaction and question what I have truly accomplished.
I often ponder what my children would say is the greatest achievement they’ve witnessed in me. As believers, it’s crucial for us to reevaluate our paths and ask ourselves whether we are living in alignment with God’s perfect will. Have we taken the necessary steps to break any generational curses or bloodline issues that may hinder our progress? Personally, I find myself in a position of possessing knowledge without the tangible evidence to back it up.
We are serving a generation that longs for visible fruit from our labor. The scripture assures us that we can attain all that is within God's will. While there is nothing inherently wrong with starting from the bottom or working for others, we must be cautious not to become stagnant or complacent.
Today, I implore you to reflect: Are you fulfilling everything that God has called you to do? If not, what actions are you taking to initiate change in your life and surrender your journey to Him? The path to growth and fulfillment begins with honest self-reflection and a commitment to align our lives with God’s purpose. Let us strive to serve as examples of faith and resilience for the younger generation, guiding them with wisdom while continuously seeking our own growth in the process.
Comments
Post a Comment