Closed chapter of my life



This is a random chapter of My Life that I like to share. Growing up, one of the main goals instilled in me was to become a wife. I was taught that if you weren't a wife, you were a woman without value or self-respect. Looking back now, I know how crazy that sounds, but it was the world I knew. My family was my entire universe, and I wasn’t allowed to go over to friends' houses or have them visit me. I assumed that every family operated under the same unspoken rules: what goes on in this house stays in this house, and you don’t tell anyone. 

As I navigated my teenage years, I faced constant rejection from boys, which led me to make a vow to myself: the first person I slept with would be the one I married. In my mind, this seemed like a solid plan. But life doesn’t always go as we hope, and my first experience would prove to be a lesson in many ways. I was just 19, a freshman in college, and he was around 30, claiming to have just served a ten-year prison sentence. 

Despite the significant age gap and the red flags waving in front of me, I wanted to believe that the universe was orchestrating our union. I convinced myself that if you subtracted the ten years he spent in prison, we were roughly the same age mentally. Every time he was near, my heart raced, and I felt butterflies like never before. I would let him place his hand on my chest, thinking it was a way for him to feel how much he meant to me. What I didn’t realize at the time was that those butterflies were my heart's way of warning me about him.

Surrounded by friends who spoke about their sexual experiences, I felt an urgency to join them. I was eager to share that I was about to lose my virginity and spend my life with this man. It wasn’t long before I found myself at his mother’s house, alone on his bed, looking up at the ceiling, filled with an overwhelming sense of pain. This was nothing like what I had imagined or seen on TV. It hurt in a way I never expected, and all I wanted was for it to be over. 

Fortunately, his baby son, who was sleeping in a crib nearby, woke up. This unexpected distraction encouraged him to finish quickly, and I remember walking down the street afterward, barely able to walk. I felt as if I had somehow won, having given away what I believed was the most valuable thing I had to offer. I didn’t think I was pretty or beautiful; I thought my only worth lay in my body.

The very next day, I called him, but my call went straight to voicemail. It struck me as strange, but I brushed it off. When I texted him and received no response, worry set in. What if something had happened to him? Maybe he had gotten locked up again. In a state of anxiety, I turned to Facebook, only to find that I couldn’t locate his account. This wasn’t the first time he had deactivated it, so I didn’t immediately think he had blocked me. 

But as the days went by, my worries deepened. It became clear that the reality I had constructed around our relationship was crumbling. I had given him my trust, my body, and my heart, only to be left in silence. The weight of my expectations and the lessons I had learned about love and value began to settle heavily on my shoulders, setting the stage for a deeper exploration of my self-worth and the journey ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance of Not Sharing Makeup and Lip Gloss Among Young Girls