Breaking Through Obstacles
As I reflect on my journey, I realize that obstacles have been a constant presence in my life, each one teaching me valuable lessons. One of the most significant challenges I faced was self-sabotage. At that time, I was beginning to understand that God had called me to another level, but moving forward in that area proved to be incredibly difficult.
The blessing, however, was that I could finally identify what was holding me back. I had started to hear discouraging thoughts in my mind, urging me to give up and quit. But I knew I had to take action. My plan involved fasting to seek clarity and guidance from God. I also committed to waking up early each day to spend time in prayer, ensuring that my priorities were in order. I applied the principles I learned in my classes, especially focusing on the Word of God whenever those negative voices crept in, telling me to give in to despair.
In moments of doubt, I held on to Philippians 4:13: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” This verse became my anchor, reminding me that I was not alone in my struggles. I pushed through the self-doubt, refusing to let it dictate my path.
Another significant obstacle I faced was allowing myself to walk in my authenticity. For most of my life, I had placed myself in a box, conforming to others’ expectations and suppressing my true self. I realized that it was time to break free from that confinement. I started learning to stop self-rejecting and to take better care of myself. One of the ways I embraced my authenticity was by committing to a monthly “Daddy-Daughter Date.” But I didn’t want these outings to be routine; I chose to explore new restaurants I had never been to before, pushing myself to step outside my comfort zone.
As I ventured into unfamiliar territory, I discovered a sense of freedom and joy in being myself. I was reminded of 1 Peter 2:9: “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession.” This scripture encouraged me to embrace my unique identity, and I began to celebrate the person God created me to be.
Using my voice became another challenge I had to confront. I likened it to a baby learning to walk—awkward and uncomfortable but necessary for growth. I decided to tackle this obstacle by using voice messages, something that terrified me at first. I didn’t like hearing my own voice, and I felt vulnerable sharing it with others. However, I committed to sending at least one voice message each day during the month of February.
This small step was monumental for me. I learned to overcome my discomfort and embrace the sound of my own voice. Isaiah 41:10 became my mantra during this time: “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you.” This promise provided the courage I needed to express myself and connect with others more authentically.
Looking back, I can see that these obstacles were not merely hindrances but opportunities for growth and transformation. Each challenge taught me resilience and the importance of leaning on God for strength. By identifying my obstacles and taking proactive steps to confront them, I was able to break free from the chains of self-doubt, embrace my authenticity, and find my voice.
As I navigated these struggles, I learned a powerful lesson: the journey to overcoming obstacles is not just about reaching the destination but about the growth that occurs along the way. With God’s Word as my guide, I felt empowered to face each challenge head-on, knowing that I was not alone in my struggles. This realization ignited a fire within me, fueling my determination to continue moving forward, one step at a time.
Comments
Post a Comment